Today’s my birthday, and ya know, it kinda snuck up on me this time around. I’ve been busy with work and end-of-the-school-year stuff for Connor, and between those things and the camping trip last weekend, I haven’t had much time to really think about it. *shrugs*
Anywho, every year I buy a birthday gift for myself. I haven’t done it yet, so sometime today I’ll pick up something tangible (I could use summer clothes). Also, while I was showering this morning after working out, it hit me that I could also give myself a non-tangible gift, too — like the gift of letting things go.
GIRL, THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS I NEED TO LET GO. I’ve held onto too many of them for too long. I think it would be a good gift to give myself for this next trip around the sun.
I would love to let go of…
- Being too hard on myself.
- All the worries/anxiety/monsters in general.
- Trying to figure things out on my own. It’s OK to get help!
- The idea of a tight tribe of moms, like you see in the movies.
- The clutter in my life.
- Getting in my own way.
- Trying to change myself. I’m a sensitive soul. It’s OK to be this way.
- My gray hair. Probably gonna dye it soon.
- All the shoes that I never wear (LOL!), so I can make room for more shoes that I will actually wear.
- The thought that MBB needs to be a certain way in order to be “good.” I’m changing, and MBB can change with me.
- Painting my own toenails. I really hate doing it. The time has come to outsource. Stop denying it already, LOL!
Anyway, thank you for being here today. I’m off to go get myself a slice of cake from my favorite bakery in town, Creekside, and then I’m getting a pedicure.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,