By: Anita Hosanna (@anitahosanna)
Meet the jewelry artist who has taken over the entire custom playing field! Benny The Jeweler makes it easy for his A-list buyers to turn ideas into reality. You may not know him by name, but you have certainly seen his gem work decorating the necks, wrists and pinky fingers of hip-hop’s biggest names. Here are 10 things you ought to know about this one-of-a-kind jeweler and his impressive hustle!
1. Born Beny Nisanov in Queens New York, Benny The Jeweler established his highly sought-after business in 2015 right in his hometown.
2. Jewelry runs in the family! The New Yorker grew up to Russian parents who ran a high-end women’s jewelry business led by his father. Benny then took the route of a hip-hop mens jewelry line once the business was passed down to him.
3. He is best known for his custom work, cuban chains and stoned watches including Richard Millie, Audemars Piget and Patek Philippe.
4. Benny The Jeweler became a celebrity favorite thanks to long-time rapper friend Casanova who connected him with what has now expanded into his current elite hip-hop clientele. Ray Jay, Soulja Boy, Stevie J, Davido, Gunna, Bia and Miracle Watts have all been blinged out by Benny, and the list goes on!
5. Before his passing, Benny The Jeweler called Brooklyn artist Pop Smoke both client and friend. The rapper frequently shouted out the jeweler for his unmatched work and was one of his biggest clients to date.
6. Although he started with a hip-hop heavy customer base, he now designs for athletes like Devin Haney and actors such as Taraji P. Henson as well!
7. Benny outdoes the industry with a turn around time between 2 weeks for smaller pieces and a month for bigger, more elaborate ones. The price point for a single design runs anywhere from $10 000 minimum to upwards of $150 000+.
8. After achieving celebrity go-to status as a result of his craftsmanship and A1 grade product, Nisanov made the decision to cater exclusively to a limited VIP client list.
9. Benny designs most of the custom pieces himself, and everything is created in-house by his team. Talk about quality service!
10. Despite his busy schedule, Benny spends much of his time travelling the world, hand delivering his custom creations to his international supporters.
Main Image: IG/Reproduction + @princedaphotographer
The Evolution of OOTD: Instagram, TikTok & Beyond
100% Pure Pomegranate Oil Lipstick Review & Swatches : Vegan Beauty Review
All The Christmas Pajamas to Buy Now For Everyone