Hey Beauty Lovers!
I can’t believe it’s already April, where is the time going? Winter is over and the weather is starting to warm up. I always feel very optimistic this time of year. Do you feel the same? Let me know in the comments!
Today I will be unboxing the April 2022 BoxyCharm Base Box. The BoxyCharm Base Box costs $27.99 a month and comes with 5 full-sized products.
I am sent the BoxyCharm Base Box in PR every month, but I genuinely love this box!
Unlike other beauty subscription boxes, BoxyCharm sends well-known brands in every box. I like to see products from Ulta and Sephora in a subscription box, so this is the one that I recommend.
Just a note about the BoxyCharm boxes, there are quite a few variations each month. You won’t necessarily get all the same products that you see your favorite influencer unbox, but you will get some amazing products. Keep that in mind before joining BoxyCharm!
Ok, let’s take a look at what I got in my box…
April 2022 BoxyCharm Base Box
- Beauty Bakerie Sour Ya Doin? Eyeshadow Palette ($38)- This is actually a brand new launch, so it isn’t available yet on the Beauty Bakerie website! I’m not a huge fan of the color story (see a photo of the palette down below). If these are the trending colors this Spring, I’m in big trouble! I do love that we got a palette in the box even if the colors are not my favorite.
- PureHeals Real Rose Petal Sleeping Mask ($17.75)- Ok, so the official BoxyCharm card says that this product retails for $55, but I found it on Amazon for less than half off. I hate when subscription boxes inflate their prices to bring up their overall value. Anyways, I am actually really excited about this sleeping mask. It is made with rose water and has these pretty floating rose petals. I love everything rose, so I’m really happy to have this in my skincare collection.
- Christophe Robin Instant Volume Mist with Rose Water ($39)- I have the flattest hair on the planet, I’m not even exaggerating! I tried this mist on damp hair this week, and let me tell you, my hair did not look flat all day. Unfortunately, it did make my hair feel a little gross the next day, so I will have to wash my hair more frequently if I want to use this product. I’m pretty happy that we got a Christophe Robin product in the Base Box, I have been eyeing the brand for a few years already!
- Item Beauty by Addison Rae Lash Snack Lengthening Mascara ($15)- I have to admit, I have never heard of Addison Rae, and I never heard of this brand. However, I love getting new mascaras, so I am hoping that this one will work well for me. I received a mascara in a previous BoxyCharm that I hated, it flaked all over my face and did nothing for my lashes. Maybe this mascara will redeem BoxyCharm’s reputation!
- Persona Cosmetics 24HR Waterproof Eyeliner ($14)- I always love to see a simple black eyeliner. I know that a lot of people hate when black eyeliners show up in subscription boxes, but I love them! This one is very pigmented and does not smudge all day. I’m pretty impressed so far!
Some more pics of the products:
Seriously not my favorite palette, but I do love the quality of Beauty Bakerie products.
This mask has a very strong rose scent, so be careful if you have a rose scent sensitivity! The rose petals are absolutely stunning, but you sadly can’t see them very well in the photo.
I was a little surprised by the tiny wand. It kind of looks like a bottom lash mascara wand. I am still feeling optimistic about its performance!
This is a super black eyeliner. It glides on like a dream and it dries down pretty quickly. I love it!
I’m very happy with this month’s box. I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get any new eyeshadow palettes in the last two boxes, so I was happy to see the Beauty Bakerie palette. I just wish they used a different color story!
The total value for this box (including the discounted sleep mask) is $123.75! That is a great deal for a subscription box that only costs $27.99 a month.
I think that BoxyCharm is still the best subscription box on the market. I personally recommend the Base Box, but you can check out the larger boxes if you can spend a little more each month.
I hope you enjoyed this BoxyCharm Base Box unboxing!
If you are looking for my other unboxing posts, check out the Subscription Box Series tab at the top of this page. I also have unboxings for a few other subscription boxes listed there as well.
If you want me to unbox a specific beauty subscription box, please let me know in the comments below.
Before You Go
Don’t miss any of my posts, enter your email here to receive my weekly newsletter. You can also find this form by clicking the Subscribe option from the drop-down list at the top of this page. By signing up, you will opt-in to receive a maximum of one email a week with links to my latest blog posts.
Check out my latest Instagram post here: