*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
The much-adored It Cosmetics CC Cream has a brand new sister and this one is all about a lighter weight texture and buildable medium coverage. Here’s the low down on the It Cosmetics CC Nude Glow Lightweight Foundation + Glow Serum SPF 40 along with details on when it is due to launch in the UK.
What is It Cosmetics CC Nude Glow?
The new CC+ Nude Glow Lightweight Foundation + Brightening Glow Serum with SPF 40 is described as It Cosmetics’ next generation of colour-correcting foundation.
- 90% skincare formula with 2% niacinamide, hyaluronic acid and green tea extract
- Delivers 24 hours of skin hydration
- Lightweight, fluid skin tint texture
- Buildable medium coverage
- Works over time to visibly brighten bare skin and improve skin texture, softness and uneven skin tone
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Available in 22 shades
Key Skincare Ingredients
2% NIACINAMIDE – to brighten skin and reduce the look of dark spots, pores & texture
HYALURONIC ACID – to instantly plump and hydrate the look of skin
GREEN TEA EXTRACT – to protect skin from environmental aggressors
It Cosmetics CC Nude Glow Shades & Undertones
- Fair Porcelain (N) – Very fair Complexion with neutral peach undertone
- Fair Ivory (W) – Very fair Complexion with warm yellow undertone
- Fair Beige (C) – Very fair Complexion with cool rosy undertone
- Fair (W) – Fair Complexion with warm yellow undertone
- Fair Light (C) – Fair Complexion with cool rosy undertone
- Light (W) – Light Complexion with warm yellow undertone
- Light Medium (C) – Light to Medium Complexion with cool rosy undertone
- Medium (W) – Medium Complexion with warm yellow undertone
- Neutral Medium (N) – Medium Complexion with neutral peach undertone
- Medium Tan (W) – Medium to Tan Complexion with warm golden undertone
- Neutral Tan (N) – Tan Complexion with neutral peach undertone
- Tan Warm (W) – Tan Complexion with warm yellow undertone
- Tan (W) – Tan Complexion with warm golden undertone
- Tan Rich (C) – Tan to Rich Complexion with cool rosy undertone
- Rich (W) – Tan to Rich Complexion with warm golden undertone
- Rich Honey (W) – Tan to Deep Complexion with warm undertone
- Neutral Rich (N) – Tan to Deep Complexion with neutral peach undertone
- Deep (N) – Deep Complexion with neutral undertone
- Deep Honey (W) – Deep Complexion with warm golden undertone
- Neutral Deep (N) – Deep Complexion with neutral undertones
- Deep Bronze (C) – Very Deep Complexion with cool rosy undertones
- Deep Mocha (C) – Very Deep Complexion with cool red undertones
It Cosmetics CC Nude Glow Swatches
I have four shades to show you – Light, Light Medium, Neutral Tan and Tan:
In my opinion, these shades appear to come up darker than the shades in the Original version, however, as this is a sheerer formula, it’s not too much of a problem.
Before & After Photos
I went for shade Light from the samples I have available. I am usually Fair-Light in the regular CC and this looked pretty dark in the swatches. However, as it’s a sheerer formula, it actually worked quite well.
Once there are more sample shades available, I’d be interested to try the Fair-Light and Fair shades.
For reference, and in case you have a similar skin tone to me, here’s a list of some of my reviews of my current matches:
Most of the posts I have listed here will have a range of swatches for you to check out.
My Review of It Cosmetics CC Nude Glow
I was super excited to try this new launch from It Cosmetics because I have always loved their CC creams, especially the Original and the Illumination.
The idea of a ‘Nude Glow’ and less of a full coverage really appeals to me, plus the fact that it contains a clear SPF, means that it really should be invisible on all skin tones.
It Cosmetics typically use a physical SPF of 50 in their CC creams, however, Nude Glow uses a chemical sunscreen of 40, for it’s clear quality.
The formulation feels nice and fine as you apply it and it spreads over the skin really easily. When I compare it to the Original formula – everything is lighter with the CC Nude Glow including how it looks and feels on the skin.
The Original has a thicker texture, and feels thicker on the skin, and is thicker when you blend it. This will be down to the chemical sunscreen giving the new formula a lighter texture as opposed to the all-mineral sunscreen in the Original.
I noticed a bit of a sweet scent as I was applying it, but it went away pretty quickly and I didn’t notice it at all after that.
The Finish and Coverage
The It Cosmetics CC Nude Glow gives a lovely soft and glowy finish and it doesn’t look like makeup at all. You can still see skin through it, but it definitely evens out redness and texture and makes skin look more perfected. The clear SPF makes it look so natural on the skin.
Considering that it’s a light coverage, it actually lasted really well on my skin. I didn’t set it at all, and I have to say, it still looked pretty even by the end of the day. If I wanted more of a makeup look, I’d set it with either the By Terry Pressed Powder, or the Charlotte Tilbury Powder, and I think it would last even longer.
I have combination skin with dehydration, and I think this works well for me, however, I’m not sure that oilier skin types will get on as well. I say this because it has a lot more moisturising ingredients than the original.
In terms of fine lines and wrinkles, it doesn’t sink in to them at all, which I found most impressive. I think this will work really well for mature skin types.
If you’re looking for a really natural looking, no-makeup makeup base, that’s lighter than the original CC, you will love this.
When is It Cosmetics CC Nude Glow launching in the UK?
There have been quite a few delays with launching the new CC Nude Glow into the UK and right now there is no confirmed date, but it’s looking likely it will be towards the end of the year. Sign up to my newsletter for a launch alert.
What are the differences between CC+ Nude Glow Foundation and CC+ Cream Original, Illumination and Oil-Free?
CC+ Nude Glow aims to have the same colour-correcting quality of the original CC+ Cream, but it offers a different type of texture, finish, coverage and SPF protection.
Texture: lighter-weight fluid texture great for “no makeup” makeup days.
Finish: CC+ Nude Glow gives a dewy, healthy skin finish, whereas CC+ Cream Original provides a natural finish, CC+ Cream Illumination provides a radiant finish and CC+ Cream Oil-Free Matte provides a natural-looking matte finish.
Coverage: Nude Glow gives a medium coverage whereas all the other CC creams are full coverage.
SPF: the previous three CC+ Creams protect with up to SPF 50+ broad-spectrum physical sunscreen. CC+ Nude Glow is the first It Cosmetics product with SPF 40 broad-spectrum chemical sunscreen. The use of a chemical allows the formula to to deliver a high level of SPF protection that looks invisible on all skin tones.
Do you need to use moisturizer under CC+ Nude Glow?
CC+ Nude Glow positions itself as a 90% skincare-based formula that provides 24-hour skin hydration. This means you could use this as skincare and makeup in one, although I used a moisturiser underneath. The FaceGym Liftwear moisturiser* is perfect under it for me.
What is the best foundation brush to use with It Cosmetics CC Nude Glow?
It Cosmetics recommend their Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Brush No 7, which is one of my favourite foundation brushes ever. If you don’t have that, any good foundation buffing brush will work really well. I’m pretty sure you could use fingers too.
Does the CC Nude Glow contain Snail Secretion Filtrate like the Original?
Yes, the new formula includes the snail extract like the original It Cosmetics CC cream. This ingredient is used to boost hydration and moisture levels, and also improve the skin’s tone and texture.
Are the shades the same as the Original?
I only have four shades of the new CC Nude Glow formula and bit I am pretty sure they run darker than the Original. As this is a sheerer coverage formula, it does mean that the shades are more flexible so I was able to use shade Light.
Where to buy It Cosmetics CC Nude Glow
Right now this is available in the US, however, the UK launch date has been delayed. It is looking like it will arrive here towards to end of the year. Sign up to my newsletter for a launch alert.