There was one year I had five weddings. I remember being so overwhelmed with having to get so many wedding guest dresses. Luckily, the dress codes were pretty similar. So I was able to re-wear some of the evening gowns and just switch up my accessories. My friend heavily used Rent the Runway the year all our friends were walking down the aisle. I know it can sometimes be daunting when you get an invite to a special event. So I wanted to put together a very thorough post for you explaining wedding dress codes and giving you ideas on what to wear as a guest for spring and summer weddings.
Prefer video? You can always watch my style tips over on Instagram Reels!
Wedding guest dresses for every dress code: overall Dos & don’ts
- DO try to adhere to the dress code
- DON’T ignore the location of the wedding
- DO play with color and prints
- DON’T choose anything too bold that will overshadow the bride
- DO choose footwear you walk (and dance!) in
- DON’T try out brand new shoes the day of the wedding
- DO check the weather
- DON’T forget to bring a layer if it will be cool
- DO dress tastefully
- DON’T wear anything too revealing
- DO err on the side of overdressing if you’re unsure
- DON’T underdress ever
… and obviously, unless it’s a white party, NEVER wear white!
If you’re still here, then hi! I hope this wedding guest dress guide helps you. Click here for more wedding posts!